There are various methods for accessing your computer with an iPhone. Most options can be costly like charging a one-time fee and monthly or annual subscriptions. The best method that function to be completely free for personal use. This method needs to install a host app on your iPhone, and you want to control a computer using companion app. Once configured, a user will be able to control any computer remotely by sitting in front of it.
Steps to Access Your Computer from Your iPhone
Step 1: TeamViewer is free for personal use but offers a paid version for businesses. So you should install TeamViewer on your iPhone. Tech companies often use this app for hands-on support to alternate your computer while you watch. It is agreeable both on Windows and Mac. o install TeamViewer, Open the App Store app to search for TeamViewer by using the Search icon and Tap on TeamViewer from the proceeds to open its page, and click “Get” to download and install TeamViewer app.
Step 2: Register on TeamViewer and Open the app, which shows welcome screen, and at the bottom of the screen click the Computers & Contacts icon. Click “New account” on the right. Complete the three boxes with your name, email address, and a password containing any combination of alphanumeric characters.
Step 3: The companion app must be installed on all computers for accessing it with your iPhone. So, Install the TeamViewer app on your computer. Both apps work in tandem to control your computer securely. On the download page, select the needed OS like Windows, Mac, or Linux and download TeamViewer. Click “Install” Button to download the file.
Step 4: Log into TeamViewer and click “Computers & Contacts” at the bottom of the window. A pop-up window will open with the main app. Input your TeamViewer account credentials by typing your registered email and password into the pop-up window, then click “Sign In.” Once you logged in, it will start automatically with your computer and will run in the background.
Step 5: Create a personal password for each computer which you need to be controlled. It helps to prevent unwanted access to your computers. A user needs to enter the password each time when an attempt to control your computer. Open TeamViewer on a computer which you want to control. Go to Extras >> Options >> Security. Create a personal password to be used when logging into your computer. A password can be any combination of characters. TeamViewer credentials should not be used.
Step 6: Now that everything is set up, it’s time to control your computer that configured for remote access. A user can perform all functions by being in front of the computer being controlled. Open the TeamViewer app on iPhone and log into your account if indicated.
- Click the Computers icon at the bottom of a screen, and log into your account.
- Click the My Computers icon to view a list of all your computers. The name will list them.
- Click the Remote Control icon to the right of the computer you want to control. The icon looks like two arrows, one pointing left and the other pointing right.
- Enter the Personal Password for the computer you are accessing.
- Click the keyboard icon at the bottom right of your screen to access zoom, settings, and a virtual keyboard.
- Access files, programs, and operate your computer with touch commands as if you were sitting in front of it.
- Disconnect from your remote computer by clicking the X icon on the lower left to close the connection.
Click here for More Technology